- Wed, Oct 07Online Event - $5.00 Registration FeeVOL 9. The Covid Lockdown Debate: Government lockdown mandates justified in mitigating the spread of Covid-19.Lockdown policies were enacted earlier this year to mitigate the spread of Covid-19. As parts of the world brace for a second wave and new lockdown measures come into effect, we want to know whether these mandates help curb the spread of the virus. What do you think? Is a second lockdown justified?
- Thu, Aug 13Online eventEconomic havoc around the world caused by the coronavirus has revived the debate around whether now is the time to implement a universal basic income. What do you think? Should a UBI structure be the pathway forward?
- Fri, Jul 24Online EventWith mandatory masking being enacted by governments around the world, in an attempt to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus, many questions have surfaced as to whether or not these measures work. What do you think? Do public mask mandates help curb the spread of the virus?
- Tue, Jul 14Online EventCitizens around the world are pushing to defund police. The definition of defunding the police has varied, depending on who you ask. But try to imagine a world without the police. What would our communities be like? Would the be safer or more rampant to crime? What do you think?
- Tue, Jun 23Online EventJune 23 @ 7pmEDT / June 24 @ 11amNZST Canada's government recently announced a ban on 1,500 makes and models of “military-grade” assault weapons. Similarly, New Zealand's government, following the shooting in Christchurch, banned semi-automatic weapons. Can the banning of guns be justified?
- Thu, Jun 18Online EventAccording to health experts around the world, populations seeking the ability to truly get back to normal — and handle future outbreaks — hinges on effective vaccines. However, many skeptics and theories have also been circulating which question whether vaccines are truly the answer.
- Fri, May 22Online EventAs we slowly start to emerge from a complete collapse in the economy, politicians are once again arguing about the merits and drawbacks of the opposing economic forces between capitalism and socialism. So where do we go from here?
- Wed, May 20Online EventTo deplatform someone is to remove their access to a channel for delivering messages to an audience. Deplatforming may involve not just banning the user or discontinuing service but also removing any existing content the user previously created on the site or service. So does it work?
- Wed, May 13Online EventPresident Trump has called for the U.S. to withhold funding for the WHO over what he claimed were missteps that perpetuated the coronavirus pandemic. In this debate, we discuss whether Trump's decision to of de-funding the WHO is the right or wrong move.
Making the world a more thoughtful place one debate at a time.
Experience live Digi-Debates by subscribing to our channels